Higher Education & Careers
What Support Do We Give?
In the Lower 6th Form
- The student planner has specific pages of detailed information regarding higher education
- Centigrade questionnaires and interviews (Spring Term)
- Visiting speaker on higher education (Spring Term) for students and parents
- UCAS workshop on how to complete the application on-line
- Visiting representatives from Surrey University offer workshops on the writing of a personal statement and advice on how to research courses and universities (Summer Term)
- Visiting speakers on Higher Education and careers
- Seminar on interview techniques and drawing up of a curriculum vitae (Summer Term)
- Dedicated UCAS "activity day"
- Weekly 'Prideaux' Enrichment Programme
In the Upper 6th Form
- Assistance with university applications (UCAS)
- Oxbridge applications and mock interviews - download further information here
Planning For a Successful Future
With their Higher Education complete, our former students go on to forge successful careers across the fields of Business, Media, Art, Design, Medicine, Music, Engineering, Industry, Law, Finance, Science, Sport – virtually every profession you can imagine.
To help each student gain a clear idea of their strengths and the career pathway they would like to follow, we provide extensive careers guidance and support.
Careers lessons for 1st and 2nd Form students involve simple, fun exercises designed to make them think about the future, as well as their skills, interests and abilities.
During 3rd and 4th Form, we use a wide range of activities and programmes to assist students in researching the careers they are interested in. Work experience opportunities are also provided at
In 5th Form, students benefit from one-to-one careers advice as well as aptitude tests designed to highlight their strengths and weaknesses.
During 6th Form, students receive a very intensive, highly supportive careers programme. Support begins with comprehensive guidance on the UCAS process and the preparation of personal statements, and extends to include enrichment opportunities and advice from specialist guest speakers.