The Foundation helps around 50 children, many of whom have been bereaved of one or both parents, or those who have lost their support through other circumstances, to benefit from the support, structure and stability of LWC’s boarding environment.
- The Lord Wandsworth Foundation helps to fund a boarding or day place at LWC in conjunction with other trusts and charities.
- We aim to award seven places for Year 7 entry (11+) each year (depending on funding available). Awards in other year groups are subject to availability.
- Awards are means-tested and reviewed annually.
- Priority is given to children who are bereaved of one or both parents.
- Preference is given to children who were born in the UK.
- Children who have lost the support of one or both parents through other circumstances e.g. divorce, disability or mental ill health, are also eligible to apply,
- The child needs pastoral care and a supportive, structured environment in which to thrive. He/she must be able to cope academically, integrate socially and contribute to the College community.
- The parent must not have remarried or be cohabiting.
How to apply?
- Please register your interest by contacting Mrs Gill Wright, Foundation Award Manager. Phone: 01256 860229, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online form.
- Completed application forms and supporting documentation must be received by 1st October in the year prior to entry.
- A Home Visit will be made to discuss your application and financial situation in more detail as your contribution towards the fees is means-tested.
- In January, candidates will sit entrance tests in maths, English and verbal/non-verbal reasoning and take part in an Assessment Day. Parents/guardians will have an interview.
- In February, parents/guardians will be notified of the outcome.