How does a child qualify for a Foundation Award?
- The child has lost the support of one or both parents through death, divorce or separation
- The child is in need of pastoral care and boarding
- The child must have been born a British citizen
- The parent has not remarried or is not cohabiting
- Complete a Foundation Initial Enquiry Form and send in as soon as possible
- You may be contacted by the Foundation Secretary to discuss your enquiry
- An application form will be sent to you if you meet the qualifying criteria
- The closing date for applications is 30th September in the year prior to entry but later applications may be considered.
The following points are taken into consideration when selecting a child for an award:
- The need for pastoral care and boarding
- The candidate's home and family situation
- The ability to cope academically, integrate socially and contribute to the College community
- The family's financial circumstances
- Priority is given to children who have lost a parent through death and meet the above criteria to the fullest extent
Please note: Foundationers are required to board, either weekly or full boarding.
These take place annually during January. Parents/guardians and candidates will have interviews with the Headmaster and meet members of the Foundation Committee.
There will be a tour of the College and a boarding house and time spent to get to know each other.
What do parents/ guardians have to pay?
The Trustees expect all parents/guardians to make a financial contribution towards their child's education.
Further Details and application forms are available from:
Mrs Gill Wright
Foundation Office: +44 (0) 01256 860 229